Who said being vegan is boring? This easy rhubarb and ginger crumble recipe tastes equally delicious!
Here's what you'll need...
- 800g rhubarb
- 100g oats
- 100 gluten free wholemeal flour
- 120g light muscovado sugar
- 70g coconut oil (solid)
- 1tsp grated ginger
- zest of ½ unwaxed orange
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- optional: 1 tin of coconut milk for whisking into a cream (needs to have been stored in the fridge for 24 hours before whisking) and vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Chop the rhubarb into roughly 4cm long pieces.
- Place the rhubarb pieces onto a baking tray and scatter the 50g sugar over it. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut oil into a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together and then rub the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Tip the hot rhubarb into your pie dish. Now add the grated ginger and unwaxed orange zest.
- Mix all together.
- Top with the crumble mix. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is browned.
- Serve with whipped coconut & vanilla cream.
For more recipes visit AO website.