INGREDIENTS FOR THE SOUP
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 500ml of water
- One cube of low salt vegan veg stock
- One tablespoon of pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate taste)
- 400g of diced tomatoes (one tin)
- 400g of drained and rinsed Cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g of washed fresh spinach
- 4 slices of seeded vegan sourdough bread, to serve
TO MAKE THE SOUP
- 1. In a large saucepan, on a medium heat, preheat your olive oil then add the onion, fresh thyme, celery, carrots and garlic. Stir until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- 2. Add the water, stock cube, tomatoes, maple syrup and the seasoning to the vegetables then change the heat from medium to high heat.
- 3. When the soup begins to boil, cover and simmer the soup for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Add the spinach, Cannellini beans salt, pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5. Toast the sourdough bread and serve with the soup for dunking.
For more recipes visit Maple from Canada.