- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 20g maple sugar
- 20g pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate flavour)
- 20g raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small pinch turmeric
- 4 tbsp of pure Canadian maple syrup for topping
- Combine the coconut milk, corn flour, maple sugar, maple syrup and cashew nuts in a saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat (don’t worry about lumps if they occur).
- Add the cream mixture to a high-speed blender. Add the nutritional yeast flakes, vanilla, and pinch of turmeric (for colour). Blend until creamy.
- Pour the cream into 4 ramekins (or 8 smaller containers).
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top of each with approximately 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and make sure the entire surface of cream has maple syrup over it.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelise the maple syrup and create a crispy top coating.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving.
For more recipes visit Maple from Canada.