FOR THE BASE
- 200g crushed vegan crackers
- 30g maple sugar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 60g melted dairy free spread
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 450g vegan cream cheese
- 400g silken tofu
- 140g maple sugar
- 50ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 80g plain flour
TO MAKE THE BASE
- Preheat oven to 190c and line a spring-form pan with baking parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, salt, the melted dairy free butter, and maple sugar together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- In a stand mixer, beat together the vegan cream cheese, soft tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, mix together the maple sugar, corn flour and the plain flour.
- With the mixer on slow, slowly add the dried ingredients into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour at 130c.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a work top for one hour.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 5 hours until firm.
For more recipes visit Maple from Canada.