2 Tbsp olive oil
200 g Red & Yellow Peppers Sliced
200 g oyster mushrooms Hand cut in stripped “mock prawns”
100 g palm of heart sliced “mock calamari”
10 g sea beetroot (or spinach)
10 g sea aster (if available or substitute with samphire)
2 Tbsp paella spice
300 g cooked quinoa
200 ml Vegetable stock “vegan vegetable Stock powder or Cube diluted in 200ml water”
70 g beetroot chorizo
6 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
1 unwaxed Lemon quartered
1 nori sheet cut in strips
- Put a lug of olive oil into a shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, mixed peppers, oyster mushrooms, palm of hearts, sea beets, sea aster and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- add paella spices, cherry tomatoes, to the pan for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the cooked quinoa stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in the 200ml vegetable stock and add in the beetroot chorizo a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Season to perfection, then add the parsley dressing in and around, scatter nori strips/nori powder over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Tips: Advice here is simple – delicious as this dish is, if you’re feeling a bit flush, adding micro herbs, small chunks of smoked tofu and any extra bits of veggies you can afford is only going to make it even more of a celebration.
1 Raw beetroot
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ Tsp garlic powder
½ Tsp cumin powder
½ Tsp smoked paprika
½ Tsp Cayenne Powder
½ Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Agave Syrup
Peel and slice the raw beetroot 3mm thin, and marinade for overnight to be used.
Paella Powder Mix
5 Saffron threads
½ Tbsp of quality Spanish paprika
½ Tbsp onion powder
½ Tbsp garlic powder
½ Tsp cayenne powder
½ Tsp ground black pepper
½ Tbsp cumin powder
½ Tbsp cloves powder
Mix all spices in dry bowl. Set a side
Salsa de Perejil (Parsley Dressing)
25 g chopped parsley
2 Tbsp lemon Juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ Tsp sea salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl or puree. Set aside to garnish Paella.
Recipe shared belongs to Stem & Glory, to find out more information or recipes ideas, visit https://www.stemandglory.uk.