Serves four as a starter
Prep time: 25 minutes / Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 700g large white potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp gram (chickpea) flour
- Water to bind
- Fry light spray
- Fresh red chillies to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 ˚C.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Using your hands, squeeze out any liquid and place the grated potato into a large bowl.
- Finely slice the onions and add to the potato.
- Add all the dried spices, salt and gram flour and mix together.
- Take a small jug of cold water and add a tablespoon at a time combining all the ingredients until you have a sticky mixture.
- Mix through the fresh coriander.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and with clean wet hands take a small amount of the mixture and form it into a ball and place on the baking tray.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture, leaving a little space between each ball.
- Lightly spray with the oil and place in the pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes or until crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- Check half way through cooking and if looking a little dry, spray again with the oil.
- Serve with chutneys of choice with the remaining chopped fresh coriander and slices of red chilli. Goes particularly well with mango chutney and coriander chutney.
Recipe shared belongs to Seasonal Spuds, to find out more information or recipes ideas, visit https://www.seasonalspuds.com.