Prep time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 45 minutes / Serves 4
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / Fan 180ºC / Gas 6. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- Mix together the melted plant-based butter and oil and use a little of it to grease a round oven-proof dish, large enough to fit the potatoes in snuggly.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining butter and olive oil, with the shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Season generously with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add the sliced potatoes and mix together so the slices are all coated.
- Stack the slices of potato together then arrange in a spiral shape within the prepared oven-proof dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until tender and crispy on top.
Recipe shared belongs to Seasonal Spuds, to find out more information or recipes ideas, visit https://www.seasonalspuds.com.