- 75g walnuts
- Juice of one lemon
- 1tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 60mls extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium aubergines halved lengthwise, and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of mint leaves, torn if large
- 2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Organic Date Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until fragrant and slightly darker, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then finely chop; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, cinnamon, red pepper, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl
3. Heat remaining ¼ cup oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high. Add aubergines and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 7–9 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer aubergines to bowl with dressing, leaving any oil in pan behind; discard oil.
4. Add the onion, mint, and three-quarters of reserved walnuts to bowl. Season with salt and toss to combine.
5. Transfer aubergines salad to a platter. Drizzle with date syrup, then top with remaining walnuts and extra red pepper flakes.
This savory, nutty eggplant salad has the perfect amount of sweetness.
For more info visit https://www.groovyfood.co.uk