- 1 tbsp Jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 300g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Handful of roughly chopped coriander
- Handful of roughly chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lime
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- Sliced red chilli
- Coriander leaves
- Jasmine rice
- In a dry wok or frying pan, toast the rice grains over a medium heat, stirring continuously until golden brown and fragrant which will take around 6-8 minutes. Grind the rice to a coarse powder in a pestle and mortar.
- Place the wok or frying pan back on the heat. Add the oil and fry the mushrooms until slightly browned, then add the shallots, ginger, garlic and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Then add half the rice powder, sweet chilli sauce, chillies, soy sauce, peas, half the spring onions, chopped coriander and mint leaves, lime juice and season with a little more lime juice and soy if necessary. Cook for a further minute.
- Put the pea and mushroom larb in Little Gem lettuce leaves. Top with extra chilli, coriander leaves, the remaining rice powder and spring onions and serve with some steamed Jasmine rice.
Recipe shared belongs to Yes Peas!, to find out more information or recipes ideas, visit https://peas.org.